[Lazarus] LCL-Qt with horizontal tabs or left/right

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Tue May 10 15:43:03 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 10 of May 2011 12:51:19 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Even before the option was available in the IDE, I have hacked my
> Lazarus IDE to have editor tabs on the right of my editor window instead
> of the default top.
>
> The really nice thing is that in GTK2, the text is in a normal
> horizontal orientation. NOT rotated on it's side (like Windows) - thus
> reducing the neck pain of trying to read vertical text, and horizontal
> text is so much easier to read too.
>
> Is it possible for LCL-Qt to have horizontal text too, like LCL-GTK2? At
> least just for the IDE?  After compiling my IDE for LCL-Qt I was forced

No, Qt paints tabs and text position depends on theme (if some theme have
horizontal text in right aligned tabs).
However, there's possibility for you: look at qtwidgets.pas for
QT_ENABLE_LCL_PAINT_TABS define and extend painting for your needs (I've made
it to test how it looks if we paint tabs by ourselves).
If you create patch under this define, I can apply it - no problem.

zeljko