[Lazarus] fppkg front end

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Wed May 11 10:41:46 CEST 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 3:15 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> On Tue, 10 May 2011 01:24:39 +0200
> Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here's a first version of a graphical front end for fppkg. Currently it supports all basic commands. It's my plan to extend this front end in the future and at some time support lazarus packages as well.
>>
>> Please review and commit if approved.
>
> I have not tested the package, but there are a few minor formatting
> issues:
>
> Please use separate directories for lpk and lpi.
>
> The comment in lazfpc_pkg.pas is wrong. It was not automatically
> created by Lazarus.
>
> Please add comment headers with at least a hint about license and what
> the unit is about.
>
> Fill in the package options description, author, license, version.
>
> I guess you don't need the option to "add package unit to uses
> section".
>
> Please enable i18n and use resourcestrings.
>
> Where is the help?
>
> Why is the short cut named "Show fppkg form" and the menu item "Show
> fppkg manager"?

Thanks for the feedback. I have fixed all the issues you mentioned in a new patch. For ease and because the patch is becoming rather large I have put it up on the bug-tracker:  http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19335 so everyone can test it by themselves. I also do expect a couple of patches to fppkg and this way I can add relationships between these patches as well.

Couple of known issues:
- mem leaks -> will have to sort the fppkg classes out, I'm finding it hard to follow all the code in fppkg
- read all packages (remote and local): same as above
- I have added a local copy of ffpkg to the patch, this will go once fppkg moves to packages in FPC
- I disabled fppkg commands, was through command line in future will be direct from code
- error when installing the lpk. "Error while compiling resources"

Darius