[Lazarus] OT : Wanted demo to generate and walk through a 2D in 3D simple graphics.

Kjow antispammoni at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:35:19 CEST 2011

2011/5/7 Peter Williams <pewilliams2010 at live.com>:
> Hi,
> Apologies in advance for this off topic message.
> I am looking for a demo in Pascal / Delphi / Lazarus (* preferred) of
> generating a 2D maze and letting the user walk through the maze in simple 3D
> graphics with lines (e.g. not ASCII) but using graphics. For example,
> looking down a corridor it would be drawn as single point perspective with a
> square and diagonal lines from the corners.
> I have found a "pascal" demo of something similar on the web, but in reality
> it is mostly assembler for TP7. The ASM code is unreadable and undocumented
> and I also want pure pascal code so that it is portable.
> Does anyone here have any code that does this? Maybe you have written a demo
> like this in the past, or know of one.
> Best Regards,
> Peter Williams
> Hobart, Australia

I made a trivial demo (33 rows of code), here the win32 binary:

http://www.kjow.net/download.php?get=Maze3D.7z

Do you mean something like this?
(you can modify in real time "x" on the left to change the 3D maze on the right)

This is a very trivial thing to do with GLScene (official svn) and
easily can be added a way to navigate inside the maze. Otherwise it is
multiplatform (Windows [32/64], Linux [32/64], MacOSX).

Regards,
Kjow