[Lazarus] copy declaration, with implementation [Re: Tweaking 'code completion' for event handlers]

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri May 13 15:27:26 CEST 2011

 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> hat am 13. Mai 2011 um 14:44 geschrieben:

>  [...]
>  IMHO it should copy (or cut) to clipboard => but as indicated via different
> shortcut/command.

Yes. Remove method/procedure. Or maybe better two functions: Copy- and Cut
method/procedure.

>  It does therefore need a different clipboard format (a mixed one plain text /
> codetool-format). The plain text would allow to paste into other apps
>  (SynEdit does the same for copy with fold info / or copy column-mode
> selection)
>
>  If required, synEdit could get a callbackon paste  => so codetool can check
> for the special format, and intercept it.
>  At some future point, I can provide insight, how this could even include
> foldstate info.

Yes, a special format would be useful.

The format must contain
- the source of the headers, because they might contain comments and ifdefs
- the implementations
- the source position. This is needed to resolve the identifiers, which could be
used in a later extension to automatically extend the uses section of the target
unit.

Mattias