[Lazarus] Trying to get the svn v ersions of Lazarus and FPC running on Windows

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 13 16:54:47 CEST 2011

On 13/05/2011 14:41, Michael Schnell wrote:
> (Very astonished that c:\fpc_2 is 143 MB of size and contains hundreds
> of files), now I have the current version of fpc in \fpc_2 accessible (I
> don't use a PATH for fpc)

Next time you should use the Git mirror instead. A clone/checkout with
full history of the FPC project is around 50MB (last time I checked).
SubVersion checkouts have double the files (to produce diffs) - the
normal ones and the hidden copies in the '.svn' folders scattered in
every directory - plus some other SubVersion overhead files. It's crazy,
hence I use Git [plus some other benefits git offers over SubVersion].

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/