[Lazarus] fppkg front end

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 15 14:43:34 CEST 2011

On 14 May 2011 22:50,  Darius wrote:
> It's called a dependency

I know, and a dependency that is not included with FPC - which is why
I call it a terrible idea. Michael's idea is a much better one.

> working on a networking client that will be supported out of the box in FPC.
> So no external dependency will be needed finally. Unfortunately this means
> that the package manager will not be supported for earlier compiler
> versions, unless lnet is enabled again.

That shouldn't be a big deal at all. As far as I know, the fppkg
repository and latest features of fppkg is only supported with FPC
2.5.1, so the latest released FPC+fppkg is pointless any way.

There are talks of FPC 2.6.0 being released before the end of the
year, so then all will be well again. :)

  - Graeme -