[Lazarus] Trying to get the svn v ersions of Lazarus and FPC running on Windows

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Tue May 17 16:37:08 CEST 2011

On 5/17/2011 08:41, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Marcos Douglas<md at delfire.net>  wrote:
>> I used the fpc.cfg text posted in tutorial (I copied it from an
>> installation default).
>> Just create a text file and copy/paste the text of tutorial.
>
> Hi,
> Today I changed the tuturial[1] because the version of compiler in
> /fixes_2_4 was changed from 2.4.3 to 2.4.5. So, the path will be
> broken, but now they are OK.
>
> [1] http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#Compiling.2Finstalling_FPC_and_Lazarus_from_Sources_of_SVN_.28Win32.29

thanks marcos, i noticed that yesterday when i was working with that tutorial...
i hadn't gotten around to adjusting the paths which you have now done...

but in truth, the path isn't broken... it works fine on my setup... the path's
name doesn't match the FPC version as intended though ;)

do you know at what revision the version number was changed? i'd like to keep
2.4.3 in its folder and then have a 2.4.5 folder... i think i would, anyway...
this would give some practice to being able to have and use different compilers...

[ASIDE: i assume you also saw my additional comment under JimBeam's comment
about using fpcmkcfg?? leaving \bin\i386-win32 off the basepath parameter works
and creates an identical fpc.cfg as the one on the page...]