[Lazarus] TIBConnection + LCLNoGui + FreeBSD

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:33:06 CEST 2011

On 18 May 2011 20:45, Leonardo M. Ramé  wrote:

> The conflict is between "interfaces" unit and FreeBSD on a headless
> machine (without graphical user interface).

Years ago when tiOPF Core still had GUI dependencies, I couldn't run a
console based test suite without an X11 install. Your problem sounds
similar. I think LCL (even the NoGUI widgetset) still pulls in GUI
dependencies irrespective of the name they gave it.

TAChart needs to be refactored so as to have a non-GUI and GUI
portion. This is the only true solution.

Years ago, I was able to run a program called "fake X11" (the name was
something like that). This allowed be to run my test suite from years
ago on a headless Linux server. Maybe that Fake X Server can run under
FreeBSD as well.

I did a quick Google search, and I think the fake X Server application
was called Xvfb

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xvfb

Hope that helps for now, but as I said, the actual problem lies with
TAChart, than needs to be fixed.

  - Graeme -