[Lazarus] TIBConnection + LCLNoGui + FreeBSD

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun May 22 13:57:32 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 22:50, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> TAChart already has FPCanvas back-end. See nogui demo for an example.
>
> I think Mattias meant that if TAChart was based on fpcanvas alone, it would
> work without nogui, and would still work in all other LCL apps.

Yes, but it would regress on features.
There are basically two options for TAChart now:
1) Wait until FPCanvas/FPPen/FPBrush/FPFont interface is exactly
the same as LCL equivalents.
2) Introduce TAChart-specific classes for that.

Option 1 is architecturally better, but will require waiting for at least
one FPC release, maybe longer. So I think I'll implement option 2.

--
Alexander S. Klenin