[Lazarus] svn update problems (again)

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun May 22 22:27:24 CEST 2011

On Sun, 22 May 2011 21:21:31 +0200
Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/5/22 Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com>:
> > I tried to update Lazarus (cuurently r29157).
> >
> > bart at simenon:~/svnroot/lazarus> svn update
> > A    components/synedit/languages/syndesignstringconstants.ru.po
> > A    components/synedit/languages/synhighlighterunixshellscript.pt_BR.po
> > svn: Failed to add file
> > 'components/synedit/languages/syneditstrconst.po': object of the same
> > name already exists
> >
> > (I decided to delete it)

Good.

The error is shown because the file was not in svn, but the file was
created by the IDE. Then someday the file was added to svn. So thenext
update svn tried to create this file which resulted in the
above message: "object of the same name already exists".

Therefore: Simply delete the file with rm or unlink as Vincent
wrote.

> > bart at simenon:~/svnroot/lazarus> svn delete --force
> > components/synedit/languages/syneditstrconst.po
>
> With svn delete you prepare for deletion in the svn repository
> (happens after svn commit).
>
> If you want to delete it locally, use
> rm components/synedit/languages/syneditstrconst.po

Mattias