[Lazarus] Why does Lazarus insist on rebuilding the LCL?

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 00:19:55 CEST 2011

On 5/22/11, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

> The IDE writes to stdout why it compiles a package. Watch for lines
> beginning with TLazPackageGraph.

I'll do that next time.

> The "..." lines should contain more details.
It contains only the filenames that are compiled

> The result is
> that if you pass any extra option in the "configure build Lazarus
> dialog" the IDE will always recompile a package after you compiled
> it with make. It does that only once, because then the .compiled file
> is correct.

I have not specified any option at all in the Lazarus "configure build dialiog"

Also I noticed that in this dialog, when I select (from advanced
button) build LCL, then press build, it does exactly nothing at all.
This is after I changed one of the LCL's source files...

In the old dialog, I could do build LCL clean, but this option no
longer seems to exist?

Bart