[Lazarus] fpWeb FCGI Setup

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Mon May 23 05:02:08 CEST 2011

On 5/22/2011 8:25 PM, ABorka wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to get fcgi setup and running on my windows box so I can test
>> some of modules and I'm still try to figure out what I need to do.
>>
>> A sample fcgi project produces an exception when run "Failed to open
>> input handle passed from server. Socket error 10038.".
>>
>> I had thought that the fcgi server just started and waited for
>> connections from the webserver but it looks like it is trying to connect
>> to an assume socket as soon as it starts. Sorry, I can't tell exactly,
>> the ide won't let me debug down passed Application.Run line in the .lpr.
>>
>> Not sure how I would debug like without it being started already...
>>
>> Windows Vista, Lazarus snapshot a week or so old.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Warm Regards,
>>
>> Lee
>
> You need to specify the port your FCGI application will be listening on in your
> project main file (.lpr):
>
> .
> .
> .
> Application.Title:='My FCGI Application';
> Application.Port:=2015;//Port the FCGI application is listening on
> Application.Initialize;
> Application.Run;
> .

I know its a bit off topic, but I've been trying to get fastcgi configured with
apache off and on for a week now and I have yet to figure out the specific
combination.  My httpd.conf looks like this for fcgi:

LoadModule fcgid_module modules/mod_fcgid.so

<Directory "www/fcgi-bin">
   SetHandler fcgid-script
   Options execCGI
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

<ifModule mod_fastcgi.c>
AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi .fcg
Alias /fastcgi-bin "M:\LazProjs\test_projects\test_fpweb\www\pos.fcgi"
FastCgiExternalServer "M:\LazProjs\test_projects\test_fpweb\www\pos.fcgi" -host
127.0.0.1:2015
</IfModule>

I've downloaded the fcgid .so and put it in the modules folder.

I've tried all manner of combination of directories, changing directories vs.
settings in httpd.conf, etc.  Just can't seem to get apache configured
correctly.  Most of what I've been able to find is scattered around in terms of
any real examples of setting up fastcgi on apache.  The apache server never hits
the fcgi server for requests.

I convinced the client to let me put a prototype together and I'm about 5 days
of trying at this point so any suggestion anyone might have about getting
fastcgi with apache connecting to the lazarus fcgi server would be really
appareciated. :-)

--
Warm Regards,

Lee