[Lazarus] Why does Lazarus insist on rebuilding the LCL?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon May 23 12:46:05 CEST 2011

On Mon, 23 May 2011 12:22:39 +0200
Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mattias,
>
> >> Also I noticed that in this dialog, when I select (from advanced
> >> button) build LCL, then press build, it does exactly nothing at all.
> >> This is after I changed one of the LCL's source files...
> >>
> >> In the old dialog, I could do build LCL clean, but this option no
> >> longer seems to exist?
> >
> > Correct.
> > These are leftovers from older Lazarus versions.
> > You can delete them.
> >
> > Mattias
> >

> I'm not sure I understand you on this.
> What should I delete?

The entries about packages like LCL and IDEIntf.
Only IDE and Examples are left.
You can get the defaults by:
Close IDE, remove ~/.lazarus/miscellaneousoptions.xml.

> I used to be able to do a "build (clean) lcl" from within the IDE, now
> I cannot anymore.

The LCL is now a normal package. It will be compiled automatically or
you can open the package and click "Compile".

> I made changes to maskedit.pp (for debugging purposes) and wanted to
> rebuild the LCL, but after selecting the buildprofile LCL and pressing
> Build, nothing happend.

Yes, it would be nice, if the IDE would automatically clean up the
profiles.
Maybe Juha can give some clues how to do that.

> When I rebuilt the application, it also did not rebuild the LCL.

When I touch maskedit the IDE recompiles the LCL.

> Obviously I'm missing something here...
>
> So, what now?

Make sure you have the recent svn version and no local modifications.

Mattias