[Lazarus] Why does Lazarus insist on rebuilding the LCL?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon May 23 14:55:29 CEST 2011

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

>> I used to be able to do a "build (clean) lcl" from within the IDE, now
>> I cannot anymore.
>
> The LCL is now a normal package. It will be compiled automatically or
> you can open the package and click "Compile".

I just found a reason, why this feature is problematic. When I use
specific modifications for building the IDE, in both the IDE and LCL
code, these modifications are not always appropriate for other
applications. Should I nowadays use different installations, for
building the IDE and applications, with different build settings for all
packages?

> Make sure you have the recent svn version and no local modifications.

This is an option only for reporting bugs. Currently e.g. (Delphi
compatible) docking is broken in the LCL, so that modifications are
required for building the IDE and other applications.

DoDi