[Lazarus] OPC-DA support

fluisgirardi at gmail.com fluisgirardi at gmail.com
Fri May 27 00:36:30 CEST 2011

Hi Mr. Soricetti!

Yes, OPC-DA uses DCOM, that only works on Windows. But the proposal of
JInterop project is provide DCOM layer independently of OS while the
project OpenSCADA.Utgard, that uses JInterop, provide the OPC-DA
functionality on others OS than Windows.

The PascaSCADA project provides direct communication with some devices
(Siemens PLC´s and any Modbus RTU/TCP device). So, to improve the list
of devices that PascalSCADA can exchange data, I´ll prioritize the
implementation of OPC-DA functionality.

So, my idea is translate the JInterop and OpenSCADA.Utgard to pascal,
to provide OPC-DA functionality for Lazarus/FPC under Windows/Linux
and FreeBSD at least.

If are you interested, please contact-me!