[Lazarus] Fatal: Can't find unit libc used by file.pp (debian-6.0.1a-i386, Lazarus 0.9.28.2-12 beta/ FPC v2.4.0)

Joshua Lim joshua__lim at hotmail.com
Sun May 29 19:24:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm having this error when trying to compile my application hope someone
can help.

"Fatal: Can't find unit libc used by file.pp"

The code: uses libc;

I'm using debian-6.0.1a-i386, Lazarus 0.9.28.2-12 beta and FPC version
2.4.0 - installed using Synaptic package manager - these are the latest
at this moment.  I tried upgrading to FPC 2.4.3, recompile lazarus ide
and everything except examples, still same problem.

I did a physical check, the folder \usr\share\fpcsrc\2.4.3\packages\libc
exists.

Using synaptic manager, the following libraries are found:

libc-dev-bin v2.11.2-10
Embedded GNU C Library: Development binaries

libc-bin v2.11.2-10
Embedded GNU C Library: Binaries

libc6 v2.11.2-10
Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries

libc6-dev v2.11.2-10
Embedded GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files

Appreciate any thoughts.  Thanks.  :)

Rgds,
Joshua