[Lazarus] English lazarus book available.

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 31 10:23:18 CEST 2011

On 31/05/2011 10:11, ik wrote:

> I have several ebooks that I bought from the pragmatic bookstore. They
> are DRM free pdf, that I can actually copy paste the PDF.
> Some have my name inside (part of the generating process) and some are
> without, but no DRM.

All my books in my "technical library" are PDF and DRM free too. Some of
my ebooks also contains my name in them - which was done as part of the
purchase. The first time I saw it, I thought the "name in the book" was
a pretty clever idea. :)

I'm also very much against DRM'd eBooks. After all, printed books are
not DRM'd. I can copy a printed book, lend it to someone, sell it to
someone, destroy it etc.. So why should I not be allowed to do the same
with eBooks?

> If they really like to, they can generate each copy with the name of the
> person who bought it as part of the PDF, so you can know if someone had
> copied it.

That is a good idea, and seems easy to do - considering that many
digital shops do this lately.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/