[Lazarus] English lazarus book available.

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue May 31 14:49:26 CEST 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be schrieb:

>> Just some of the eBook advantages:
[...]

> The main argument contra - as I recall it - was that PDFs can be illegally
> copied, and this was used to wipe away all the possible advantages.

That's true only for people that make their living from writing and
selling books. When a program/project is available for free, why
shouldn't the documentation come for free as well? There is no real need
that the book writers should earn money, while the coders should not.

In practice I agree that it can be hard work, to write a book about
mostly undocumented code like FPC and Lazarus, and even I've been
thinking about providing *and* selling according documentation myself.
But I would have done that by myself, in digital form, without an
professional publisher who wouldn't work for free...

DoDi