[Lazarus] Support for dotted unit name

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 13:08:02 CET 2011

Sven Barth schrieb:

> I don't think that Embarcadero considers dotted unit names as a relict
> as they've improved the concept with a "default namespace" in XE2 (I
> don't know whether I personally consider that as a improvement though
> ^^) and also introduced dotted names for all RTL, VCL and FireMonkey units.

Well, so what's the role of "Delphi" at all? What remains is an IDE and
a compiler, with various GUI extensions. Will Lazarus follow this route
- should it ever???

We have enough problems in implementing a VCL compatible LCL, with
attempts to make it compatible with various widgetsets, and with new
Delphi versions. All this could be trashed in an attempt to add
FireMonkey compatibility. It would be better to start a very new project
for that purpose, whose IDE could be based on the LCL, like the Delphi
IDE is based on .NET since D20xx.

DoDi