[Lazarus] Screen and Desktop inconsistencies

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 8 09:28:53 CET 2011

Paul Ishenin schrieb:

>> About the DesktopRect and WorkAreaRect, the WorkAreaRect contains the
>> BottomRight coordinates, while DesktopRect contains the Width and Height
>> in BottomRight. This may be Delphi compatible, but looks very confusing.
>
> You understood the code wrong: Bounds() and Rect() are different
> functions.

I cannot see "Bounds" here?

> Look at it after r33405.

Thanks for the fix :-)

>> No Rect (or Top, Left) properties exist for the Screen. Delphi assumes
>> (0,0) for the primary monitor origin - does this hold for non-Windows
>> platforms?
>
> Delphi does not assumes anything. It gives you screen width and screen
> height. (0,0) is assumend by you.

D7 OH on TScreen.DesktopRect states that the origin of the primary
monitor is (0,0), that's why (Screen) Top, Right and Rect could be
omitted. But I'm not sure whether that assumption holds for non-Windows
displays.

> If you need monitor area you can obtain it using PrimaryMonitor or
> Monitors[] property.

Right, but I wanted to know how all that should be documented.

DoDi