[Lazarus] RunError(53216) in TOpenDialog

Anders E. Andersen andersa at ellenshoej.dk
Wed Nov 9 19:21:10 CET 2011

Den 08-11-2011 18:48, Howard Page-Clark skrev:
> On 08/11/11 12:30, Anders E. Andersen wrote:
>
>> I am using Lazarus 0.9.30.2 on Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.
>>
>> When I hover with the mouse over a word document in TOpenDialog I get
>> the runerror.
>
> I compile and run your project without errors on Win7. This runtime
> error you experience may be related to errors in the Windows registry,
> possibly caused by earlier virus infections or incomplete software
> uninstalls.
> I suggest you run a thorough antivirus scan (and also a registry
> cleaner if you have one), and see if that solves the problem.

HI, thanks for your answer. I am certain I don't have any virus
infections and have never had any. I just did a clean reinstall of
Windows a few weeks ago.

I uninstalled win64 lazarus and installed win32 lazarus and rebuild my
project. It works fine in 32 bit!

Then I uninstalled that and reinstalled 64 bit lazarus and rebuild
again. The program crashes again.

Anders