[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] Is there an online tool for browsing library documentation and source code for FPC and Lazarus?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 14:05:43 CET 2011

On 12 November 2011 12:33, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Nov 2011, Frank Church wrote:
>
>  Is there an online tool for browsing library documentation and source
>> code for FPC and Lazarus?
>>
>> I am looking for something along these lines -
>> http://stdlib.rubyonrails.org/**,
>> http://htmlunit.sourceforge.**net/apidocs/index.html<http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html>
>> .
>>
>> Doesn't the FPC community have something similar?
>>

> What about
>
> http://www.freepascal.org/**docs-html/rtl/index.html<http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/index.html>
> http://www.freepascal.org/**docs-html/fcl/index.html<http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/index.html>
>
> ?
>
> Michael.

I already know about these and use them, but it is very easy to lose your
point of origin when you are navigating among the pages. Actually it is
their shortcomings whch prompted me to ask this question.

I am referring more to the page design and layout itself, the way they use
frames so you don't lose you bearings as you move back and forth.

PS. Can the above 2 sites be subdomained into rtl.freepascal.org,
fcl.freepascal.org? It makes searching using Google site search much
easier. If they are plain html files I don't mind having the raw html so I
can place them in my own website where I can site search them.

> --

Frank Church