[Lazarus] Source editor navigation

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 13 08:23:51 CET 2011

Martin schrieb:
> On 12/11/2011 22:32, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>>
>>> Please report on mantis, but further steps to reproduce may be needed.
>>
>> Reproduction is a problem. The behaviour might be related to unsaved
>> changes...
>>
> just re-read:
>

>> BTW, "Lock Page" doesn't work properly with multiple windows - it does
>> not lock/unlock the tab from which the context menu was invoked,
>> instead a tab in some other (random?) window is locked
>
> Do you click (right click / popup) on the actual tab? or on the text of
> the source editor?

On the text in the active editor, of course :-)

Editor tabs are another (or related?) problem, sometimes the Focus is
set to the tabs instead of the text. Perhaps this is reproducible:

Navigate from a method declaration to the implementation, in an include
file. Save, leave and restart the IDE. The caret should be in the
include file again. Now navigating to the declaration shows the correct
unit but makes the caret disappear, and further cursor movements
(up/down...) select another tab.

One more, possibly related: The Code Explorer does not always follow the
active editor window. Make it display the unit name in its Caption, for
easier verification. Then activate a different editor window (click into
the text), and the Code Explorer doesn't react. I often have to switch
to another tab (of the same window), before Code Explorer notices the
changed unit.

DoDi