[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] Is there an online tool for browsing library documentation and source code for FPC and Lazarus?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 12:50:48 CET 2011

On 12 November 2011 14:25, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Nov 2011, Frank Church wrote:
>

>> On 12 November 2011 12:33, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>
>> wrote:
>>

>>      On Sat, 12 Nov 2011, Frank Church wrote:
>>
>>            Is there an online tool for browsing library documentation and
>> source code for FPC and Lazarus?
>>
>>            I am looking for something along these lines -
>> http://stdlib.rubyonrails.org/**,
>>            http://htmlunit.sourceforge.**net/apidocs/index.html<http://htmlunit.sourceforge.net/apidocs/index.html>
>> .
>>

>> PS. Can the above 2 sites be subdomained into rtl.freepascal.org,
>> fcl.freepascal.org? It makes searching using Google
>> site search much easier. If they are plain html files I don't mind having
>> the raw html so I can place them in my own
>> website where I can site search them.
>>

> They are plain HTML, so you can download the archive files from the
> website:
> http://www.freepascal.org/**down/docs/docs.var<http://www.freepascal.org/down/docs/docs.var>

I copied the files to my website and created subdomains to allow Site
searching on the different documents.

Free Pascal Users guide | http://fpdocs.rca2.net/user/user.html |
compiler.fpdocs.rca2.net
Free Pascal Programmers Guide | http://fpdocs.rca2.net/prog/prog.html |
programmer.fpdocs.rca2.net
Free Pascal Reference Guide | http://fpdocs.rca2.net/ref/ref.html |
langref.fpdocs.rca2.net
Free Pascal Runtime Library | http://fpdocs.rca2.net/rtl/index.html |
rtl.fpdocs.rca2.net
Free Pascal Free Component Library | http://fpdocs.rca2.net/rtl/index.html|
fcl.fpdocs.rca2.net
Free Pascal Documentation Tool Reference |
http://fpdocs.rca2.net/fpdoc/fpdoc.html | docgen.fpdocs.rca2.net

I am now waiting for Google to come along and index them.

What remains for me is the LCL the Lazarus CCR, but either rather obtain
from gzipped archives than wget/httrack them into my site.

Further thoughts
=============
When I look at the help generated for the Runtime and Component Libraries I
see the line numbers for the procedure definitions, but given how low the
numbers are it looks like they refer to the procedure declarations rather
than the source code itself.
There are some tools in Lazarus which construct tables of procedure
declarations and their implementations like in the Code Explorer. In fact
I'd like a listing of those functions and which libraries contain them.
Can't the same code be used to create links in the html which will load the
procedure implementations into the browser frames?

To me it seems all the necessary tools are present, and they only need HTML
generation templates/layouts to link them up to create the docs in the
manner required

> Michael.
>

> --

Frank Church