[Lazarus] "Sort files alphabitically" is case-sensitive :-(

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 15 03:01:20 CET 2011

Sven Barth schrieb:

>> Consequently project file sorting should be case insensitive, unique
>> across platforms.
>
> But the project inspector does contain the *file* names and not the
> *unit* names. And these *can* be different (not only in casing), though
> I personally don't know anyone who uses the "-Un" option which is
> necessary for this...

Just in case the same filenames with different casing have been added to
a project, it's important to see all these versions together, and not
spread across the entire list.

specific sort order. The same for the sort order in different
applications (file browsers...). The *display* of a file list has to be
optimized for *human* reading, i.e. case insensitive unless there exists
a special important meaning of upper/lower case names.

DoDi