[Lazarus] MDI implementation

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 15:11:00 CET 2011

zeljko schrieb:
> On Wednesday 16 of November 2011 07:48:37 Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>
>  > Why does the MDI implementation not use the DockManager interface?
>

> Because it uses native MDI where it's supported ?

This reminds me on "native" CommCtrls, which don't exist on non-Win32
widgetsets. When all these controls come in a *portable* and a *Win32*
flavor, the implementation would be simplified a lot.

>  > A DockManager has all functionality, required to implement MDI hosts and
>  > clients, so that only the properties (and menu) must be implemented.
>

> I don't know yet how to implement MDI via dockmanager for other targets
> than qt and win32

The implementation is independent from any widgetset.

  ... I've maded an mdiemulator which works but still
> has problems with positions inside mdi area.

This should be feasable - can you provide your source code?

DoDi