[Lazarus] CodeTools never uses Tab character settings from editor preferences

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 15:59:30 CET 2011

On 16/11/2011, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

> I can't comment on most of the codetool issues you describe, but a
> question this last one:

This is what I meant by that last one. Two problems of indentation.

  - Indentation in the class definition is wrong. Normally the Button1
and procedure Button1Click() declarations would be indented one level
from TForm1. In the case below, they are all on the same indent level.

  - The cursor inside the Button1Click is placed at column 0 (where
the | sign is). I believe it used to indented correctly when spaces
are used instead of tab character indentation.

in all cases (for this example) indentation is done via spaces, and
not the tab characters.

type
  TForm1 = class(TForm)
  Button1: TButton;