[Lazarus] MDI implementation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 09:39:26 CET 2011

On 17/11/2011, zeljko <zeljko at ...> wrote:

> LCL is not screwed. As I said *mdiemulator is there for other widgetsets*

Is this emulator part of LCL? Also what is this MultiDoc I see in the
lazarus wiki?

I haven't created a MDI application in over a decade, so had to google
it first. :-)  I followed the following Delphi MDI tutorial to the
letter - using latest Lazarus Trunk. I first tried that tutorial under
Delphi 7 and it worked flawlessly. Then I tried Lazarus trunk.

  http://delphi.about.com/od/objectpascalide/l/aa042500a.htm

I'm running under Linux, using the LCL-GTK2 widgetset. Needless to
say, MDI under Linux did NOT work! All child forms are created outside
the bounds of the MDI parent. Closing "mdi child" forms only work on
the 3rd attempt clicking the top right X button.

> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Image:Mdiemulator_gtk.png
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Image:Mdiemulator_gtk2.png

Pretty pictures, but why doesn't it work in Lazarus trunk?

> No, it's not ironic since fpgui works only on linux and win.

Correction, fpGUI works on:  Linux, Windows, WinCE, Mac OS X (as an
x11 style application), FreeBSD and family, OpenSolaris and Embedded
arm-linux devices.

> targets than fpgui which will be same as it was 2-3 years ago.

What are you talking about?

  - Graeme -