[Lazarus] How to find error from 'Error compiling resources'?

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 12:33:38 CET 2011

On 21/11/11 09:35, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 19:48:59 +0200
> patspiper<patspiper at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> While rebuilding Lazarus to install a converted package from Delphi, I
>> get the following error:
>>
>> Compiling lazarus.pp
>> Compiling resource ../units/i386-linux/lazarus.or
>> /home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/ide/lazarus.pp(137,1) Error: Error
>> while compiling resources
>> /home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/ide/lazarus.pp(137,1) Fatal: There
>> were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>>
>> Is it possible to get the exact error text/cause?
> You can get the whole output by right clicking on the message window
> "Save all messages to file".

I used 'copy all shown and hidden messages to clipboard' which should be
equivalent to "Save all messages to file". The output of the resource
compilation is not there.

regular compilation messages...
<snip>
Compiling lazarus.pp
Compiling resource ../units/i386-linux/lazarus.or <- no details
/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/ide/lazarus.pp(137,1) Error: Error
while compiling resources
/home/me/Programs/lazarus/lazarus-svn/ide/lazarus.pp(137,1) Fatal: There
were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

Stephano