[Lazarus] Why you got to hate Visual Basic

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 16:09:56 CET 2011

On 2011-11-23 12:49, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> When VB3 came out, it nearly stopped Windows developement in any other
> language, because it made everything so easy.

Maybe too easy, because every Tom, Dick and Harry suddenly called
themselves "programmers". This VB6 app I am maintaining just doesn't
want to die, but it's a royal pain to maintain. It's been through about
10 programmers over the years - spaghetti code galore, held together by
pure luck! Also no easy way to navigate the code to find things. More
modern IDE's sure have come a long way. :-)

> IMO Basic still is a fine language, for certain tasks.

It sure was popular in its day.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/