[Lazarus] Sending messages

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Nov 24 13:03:52 CET 2011

On 11/24/2011 12:46 PM, zeljko wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that gtk2 and qt can have more than 1 event loop
> (event queue). Both uses glib loop, and qt always start another event
> loop when eg. shows dialogs or similar stuff.
>
> zeljko

What do you mean by this ?

  - LCL with gtk and/or qt already does provide support for event loops
for more than one thread. (I am pretty sure that this is not the case
?)   or
  - Theoretically it is possible to provide event loops for multiple
threads by an LCL-alike system using gtk and/or qt.

Here I do agree.

Regarding an event loop in an external library, I am pretty sure that
LCL does not use same, but manually creates it in pascal code. AFAIK,
the gtk or QT widget set library itself does not provide an event loop.
Maybe there is an often used library provided for C(++) programs that
provides event loops got use with gtk and/or qt. Maybe this in fact is a
C++ library and thus not usable with FPC.

-Michael