[Lazarus] Sending messages

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Nov 25 11:24:13 CET 2011

On 11/25/2011 11:09 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> The usual flow of events for mouse / touch / keyboard events is:
>
> Hardware ->  Operating System ->  Windowing Library ->  LCL Widgetset
> Interface->  LCL

Yep. But regarding the issue discussed, the questions is "when".

AFAIK, the WidgetSet does not create it's ow thread, so the code only
runs when called by the Application (LCL's "interface" code).

Thus only within such a call any handling can happen.

I don't know if the Windowing system creates it's own threads.

I suppose, a kind of queuing always is necessary when transferring
information from one thread to another.

-Michael