[Lazarus] Sending messages

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Fri Nov 25 15:08:01 CET 2011

On Friday 25 of November 2011 14:33:16 Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> And how does PostMessage fit into the picture?

I'm using PostMessage in an audio application to update position of trackbar
on mainform from another thread where audio file is loaded and playing and it
works ok (tested qt and gtk2) ... and of course you cannot test result of
PostMessage since it can be executed at any time after posting (depends when
WS event queue will process your message)
If you need to check for result you must use SendMessage() but in that case
you cannot use it from another thread (at least it does not work with qt and
gtk2 as I expected or I've misunderstood point of SendMessage()).
Qt have similar mechanism: SendEvent() & PostEvent() and it works in same way.

zeljko