[Lazarus] How do use sockets?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 21:23:34 CET 2011

On 26/11/2011, Bernd <prof7bit at ....> wrote:

> If I were required to begin developing another networking application
> tomorrow I would choose LNet again.

Is LNet still being developed. The last time I checked, nothing has
changed in the last year or two - or maybe I was just looking in the
wrong place.

The other problem with LNet is that it doesn't have a lot of TCP
protocols implemented.

Why not simply use Indy 10.5.x. I've just started using it in a FPC
project (using the to be released FPC 2.6.0 code), and so far I
haven't detected any major problems. Currently I only use the HTTP
(client & server) components from Indy, but will soon start using the
FTP (client & server), SMTP and NNTP protocols too.

  - Graeme -