[Lazarus] Sending messages

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Nov 28 08:59:55 CET 2011

On 11/25/2011 10:57 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> The more I try to understand the Lazarus message handling, the more
> questions arise :-(
>
> Here's a snippet from the WinAPI SendMessage docs:
I don't think it makes much sense to apply the WinAPI documentation on a
not necessarily Windows based library even if same provides a function
with the same name. I think that (if not documented appropriately) you
need to consider it just a case of luck if calling the LCL function
provides the same outcome as the Windows API call with the same name.
(Thus you are very right creating this thread asking for a decent
documentation of the function.)

-Michael