[Lazarus] What happened to TMySQL51Connection ?

Chris Kirkpatrick chris.kirkpatrick at doctors.org.uk
Sun Oct 2 14:35:22 CEST 2011

I previously installed Lazarus and FPC from SVN, as follows:

Laz 0.9.31 rev 31507 (2011-07-02)
FPC Version 2.5.1 rev 17914 (2011-02-02)

After installing and compiling package SQLDBLaz 1.0.1 I was able to use
TMySQL51Connection, which I needed for the MySQL version 5.1 on my Linux
system (Mepis 11).

I recently replaced the Mepis installation with Ubuntu 11.04, and have
re-installed Lazarus and FPC from SVN. The relevant versions are now:

Laz 0.9.31 rev 32612 (2011-10-02)
FPC version 2.7.1 rev 19324 2011-10-02

After installing and compiling SQLDBLaz 1.0.1 I now find there is no
TMySQL51Connection, only the old ..50Connection which was relevant to
MySQL v 5.0. Where has the ..51Connection gone? How do I get it back?

Chris Kirkpatrick