[Lazarus] compiling lazarus packages with fpc only

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Oct 6 10:04:22 CEST 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 06.10.2011, 08:52 +0200 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 07:59:03 +0200
> Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi to everyone,
> >
> > I'd like to know:
> > Is it possible to have fpc compile a source package that is created only
> > as a lazarus package by using the .lpk-file, or do I have to make a
> > second sort of building configuration e.g. for fpmake or fpcmake?
>
> You can compile a lazarus package with the IDE or with lazbuild. They
> create a .compiled file, which contains the command line parameters for
> fpc. So, you can use that to compile the package directly with fpc.

That's pretty nice. :)

> The package editor allows to create a Makfefile, but this does not
> support all specials.

At least it could be used as a template, if I have to write it anyways,
fine.

> There is currently no function to create a fpmake file, so you must
> create it manually.

What is the current state of fpmake usage, I think for fpc itself it may
have become used as a standard tool? I'm not sure yet if I prefer
Makefiles or writing pascal code ...

Same question for fppkg, testing it lately only showed four packages or
so but in CCR there are some packages for lazarus that are only pascal
library bindings and stuff. Has fppkg become the preferred standard tool
yet?

> > Secondly, does the generated .pas file corresponding to a package file
> > (.lpk) have to be kept when checking in to a source versioning system or
> > can it be deleted because it is recreated anyways?
>
> It is recreated by the IDE and lazbuild, not by the Makefile and not
> if the directory is readonly.
> So it is better kept in the VCS.

OK, like I've done it already for safety.

Thank you very much, that information and goodies will get me
started. :)

Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>