[Lazarus] Debug info for packages

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Oct 7 11:17:21 CEST 2011

On 07/10/2011 08:32, Ludo Brands wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Since lazarus has changed default debug info to dwarf, packages that are

It has not.
The change was reverted. the default is -g again (which means it may be
dwarf, as -g is whatever fpc defaults to for the target)

However, the revert does not fix, any config that was already updated.
So if you ever used any of the snapshots or svn versions that included
the dwarf2 default, then you config may have been changed.

IMHO, I do not consider it a bug, that a config (which was only created
by an experimental, and never released version) is not automatically
reverted.

> To reproduce the problem: in a new lazarus wince cross environment drop a
> tmemdataset on a form. Set project options to create stabs. Compile. Aborts
> with
> G:\lazarusce\components\memds\lib\arm-wince\wince\frmselectdataset.s:1521:
> Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.secrel32'

Does that happen, if you start with an empty primary config directory?

As for packages: If any package file has been committed with the dwarf
setting, then those files need to be found individually.

> Makefile.compiled for memds package says:
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <CONFIG>
>    <Makefile Value="True"/>
>    <Params Value=" -MObjFPC -Scgi -O1 -gw2 -godwarfsets -gl -vewnhi -l
> -Fu../../ideintf/units/%(CPU_TARGET)-%(OS_TARGET);../../lcl/units/%(CPU_TARG
> ET)-%(OS_TARGET)/%(LCL_PLATFORM);../../lcl/units/%(CPU_TARGET)-%(OS_TARGET);
> ../../packager/units/%(CPU_TARGET)-%(OS_TARGET);. -dLCL -dLCL%(LCL_PLATFORM)
> memdslaz.pas"/>
> </CONFIG>

It does not on my system.

> Project options are:
>
>   -MObjFPC -Scghi -O3 -OoREGVAR -Twince -Parm -gs -gl -WG -vewnhi ....
>
> Svn 32410

Maybe time to update again