[Lazarus] RE : Debug info for packages

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Fri Oct 7 13:53:21 CEST 2011

> It has not.
> The change was reverted. the default is -g again (which means
> it may be
> dwarf, as -g is whatever fpc defaults to for the target)

Changelog says that it was reverted in 32468. The original reporter in
http://bugs.freepascal.org/bug_view_advanced_page.php?bug_id=20362 used
32543. I can't tell if he used a "default dwarf" before.

> However, the revert does not fix, any config that was already
> updated.
> So if you ever used any of the snapshots or svn versions that
> included
> the dwarf2 default, then you config may have been changed.
>
> IMHO, I do not consider it a bug, that a config (which was
> only created
> by an experimental, and never released version) is not automatically
> reverted.

Agreed. Only a pity that after the different messages on this list regarding
the change to dwarf and its negative consequences, the revert wasn't
signaled.

> > To reproduce the problem: in a new lazarus wince cross environment
> > drop a tmemdataset on a form. Set project options to create stabs.
> > Compile. Aborts with
> >
> G:\lazarusce\components\memds\lib\arm-wince\wince\frmselectdataset.s:1
> > 521:
> > Error: unknown pseudo-op: `.secrel32'
>
> Does that happen, if you start with an empty primary config directory?

Am now at 32738. Deleted the contents of primary config directory. Did a
make clean all. Build lazarus from the ide with Debug IDE profile, after
reseting dwarf to stabs;). Resulting packages are compiled with -g although
I specified -gs. Then rebuild IDE with Optimized IDE. Surprise: packages are
still build with -g.
Example: sqlite3laz.compiled:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CONFIG>
  <Compiler Date="1060328717"
Value="C:\lazarus\fpc\svn\bin\i386-win32\fpc.exe"/>
  <Params Value=" -MObjFPC -Scgi -O1 -g -gl -vewnhi -l
-FuC:\lazarus\ideintf\units\i386-win32
-FuC:\lazarus\lcl\units\i386-win32\win32 -FuC:\lazarus\lcl\units\i386-win32
-FuC:\lazarus\packager\units\i386-win32 -FuC:\lazarus\components\sqlite\
-FUC:\lazarus\components\sqlite\lib\i386-win32\win32\ -dLCL -dLCLwin32
sqlite3laz.pas"/>
</CONFIG>

Cleaned manually the sqlite\lib\i386-win32\win32 but same result.

Still same question for svn 32738: how can I change debug info for packages?

Ludo