[Lazarus] FindDefaultBrowser & opening URL

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:22:43 CEST 2011

On 12-10-2011 17:44, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:39:30 +0200
> Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Don't we have a OpenURL() function just for for that (in LCLIntf unit)?
>
> Yes.
>
> But it is a good idea to give valid examples in the wiki.
>
> Mattias
True.

Still, my newb-ness prevented it from working.

Thanks for the instructions though, Matthias; this call on the command line
c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe url.dll,FileProtocolHandler
"http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp"
does work.
Just gave up on getting that into the procedure, & I'm going to use
OpenURL anyway; anybody: please feel free to update the wiki ;)
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Executing_External_Programs#Open_web_page_in_default_web_browser

Thanks,

Reinier