[Lazarus] Is win32 svn broken?

Gregory M. Turner gmt at malth.us
Thu Oct 13 00:08:37 CEST 2011

> 2011/10/12 Gregory M. Turner < gmt at malth.us >

> > Ah, fantastic, thanks. Only problem is when I do that all my design
> > packages stay as "install next time" or whatever it's called,
> > forever. But don't worry about that. I'll solve this problem the
> > old-fashioned way -- by playing video games until somebody else
> > fixes it for me :)
>

> Another option is to use a SVN revision that works, in this case max.
> r32815. :)

> About the reasons for the changes:

> First, I removed examples from the Build Lazarus dialog to fix this
> issue:
> 20261: When I try to Start Lazarus I get TrackBar Demo program.
> IMO it was a wrong place for the examples anyway, that was another
> reason to remove it.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me.  Anyhow it seems very likely that the problem with trunk, and the 20261 problem (which I suffered from when I was trying the Win64 snapshot) are both just symptoms of the same underlying bug, which as I described seems to pertain to -olazarus.new.exe being in idemake.cfg when it shouldn't be (or perhaps to @idemake.cfg being applied to builds it shouldn't be, depending on the intended design).  So your changes may very well be completely orthogonal to the real problem, even if they do break the standard work-around.

> I guess I must revert the changes and find the problems without
> hurry.

As you mention, I could just roll back.  Wages of centralized version control, I guess.  If you see a light at the end of the tunnel, I certainly wouldn't want you to waste your development man-hours poring over svn merges on my account.  Then again if you've painted yourself into a corner, by all means feel free to blame me for the revert commit :)

-gmt