[Lazarus] Is win32 svn broken?

Gregory M. Turner gmt at malth.us
Fri Oct 14 12:52:57 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----

> > > Git is cool.
> > Yes!

Purportedly a solution is in the works: http://www.developer.com/open/subversion-1.7-released-with-some-git-esque-merging.html.

I have no opinion regarding "newmerge" (nor have I any basis for one) but I administer some small gitolite repos and find that to be a pretty messy, confusing process.

Even if fork-merge is an afterthought in subversion, in git, multi-user centralized repository administration is equally kludgy and tacked-on.  Despite my previous rant, I think it's just different strokes for different folks.  It all depends on how your development process is organized, which tool is more suitable.  Plus, I heard a crazy rumor that there are more than just two VCSes out there :)

Anyhow this is obviously way off topic.   I should really just have a blog, it might significantly improve the S/N ratio of several mailing lists :)

-gmt