[Lazarus] LCL Message handling

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:15:26 CEST 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> WndProc can preprocess *any* kind of messages, which must be handled in a
> non-standard way in a specific control, e.g. the TripleClick messages.
> WndProc finally calls Dispatch, to invoke the implemented message handler of
> the control, or DefaultHandler for all messages without assigned handlers.

You can wait some days to see if anyone is against the change and if
not (Vincent didn't like this as far as I remember, so it would be
good to hear from him). If there is no answer in 1 week then you can
send a patch to bug tracker where this can then be further discussed.

> I also don't understand the parallel or different WM..., LM..., CM... and
> CN... message IDs. Is that separation related to messages handled (or not
> handled) by widgets or by the LCL? Or have the LM... message IDs been added
> only to prevent cyclic unit references?

LM messages are sent from the LCL-Widgetsets to the LCL, so they are
cross-platform. WM messages are only for Windows. I don't know what
CM/CN messages are.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho