[Lazarus] Progress on Ubuntu 11.10 Gnome shell

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:06:33 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-19 09:27, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> 2> Using LCL-Qt the problems appear too?

I couldn't even get the Lazarus IDE (compiled with LCL-Qt) to start up.

Saying that, I was running off the Live CD. But in my defence, I did
copy all the Qt required libs (eg: libphonon, libQtWebKit, libQt4Pas
etc) to a known location and setup the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable to point to the location of those Qt libs. I briefly saw the
IDE splash screen, then simply the prompt that an exception occurred.
Selecting the Ignore button (instead of terminating the app), the IDE
crashed out to the command prompt.

> 3> Using LCL-fpgui (but obviously not in the IDE) the problems appear too?

A native fpGUI app as well as a LCL-fpGUI test app worked without problems.

I was using Lazarus 0.9.30.x code to test with FPC 2.5.1

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/