[Lazarus] cwstring in arm-linux

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Oct 21 09:54:52 CEST 2011

On 10/21/2011 08:56 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> That is such a rubbish statement! More and more information is being
> added outside the Unicode's BMP. Emoticons, Science and Maths symbols,
> Map Symbols (often seen in GPS applications), Music notes etc etc.
Those who deal with this of course need to know what they are doing.

But those who use "normal" non-English (ASCII) languages (I understand
that this is what BMP means) and don't want to deal with such things,
are (maybe unnecessarily ) forced into hell by "the UTF-8 in ANSIString
paradigm" .

-Michael