[Lazarus] How to obtain the color of a component?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 21:55:25 CEST 2011

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:

> Maybe we should have instead created 1 color for each native control,
> like: clFormDefault, clPageControlDefault, etc.

For that purpose we already have clScrollBar etc., see Graphics.pp 270 ff.

At least on Windows the user can specify freely the colors for the most
common window elements. See: Control Panel - Display Properties -
Appearance - Advanced Appearance. AFAIK all platforms have something
like Themes for similar purpose.

A GUI designer should not try to assume or supply specific colors for
all these elements.

DoDi