[Lazarus] cwstring in arm-linux

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 21 22:24:29 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> On 2011-10-21 10:31, Michael Schnell wrote:
>> So with these projects you obviously are a "Unicode aware" programmer
>> and don't qualify for the group of "office" programmers that (IMHO)
>

> I don't have to think about anything special when working with Unicode
> text. I simply use the string manipulation function as defined in the
> fpGUI framework, and not the ones defined in FPC's RTL. The fpGUI
> framework handles the rest for me.

Did you ever have a look at Delphi StrUtils.pas?
Why reinvent the wheel, when functions already exist for some purpose?

The "Ansi" prefix can be removed in an environment where the encoding of
the string arguments is known (e.g. fixed to UTF-8).

The bad news about new Delphi strings is the addition (overload) of
functions with RawByteString arguments, which *take* strings of any
encoding, but then *ignore* that encoding. These versions certainly must
fail for all MBCS encodings :-(

DoDi