[Lazarus] Extracting a resource from an exe file & adding it back in

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:57:31 CEST 2011

On 16-10-2011 22:52, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
>
>> Source:
>> http://www.delphi3000.com/articles/article%5F3215.asp
>> This little snippet works great for small files, but for some currently
>> unknown reason it screws up the exe file when you try to add a large
>> resource on 1mb. If anyone know how to bypass this, please post a little
>> note on how to do this! :)
>
> You may find different problems or limits on every Windows version :-(

Well, I hit a limit on Windows Vista x64 with FPC fixes_2_6, Lazarus
SVN. Don't know if it's different on other versions...

I could extract the resources using e.g. resedit, but saving them back
in led to a corrupted exe that wouldn't run.

Don't know if it's bug
16852: Resource section comes before the relocation table in dlls
produced by FPC
or something else (PICNIC/PEBKAC ;) but I've given up for now.

People wanting to customize my program should just recompile the entire
thing...

Regards,
Reinier