[Lazarus] make clean all after a unit is relocated

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 24 13:40:42 CEST 2011

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:29:01 +0200
zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:

> On Monday 24 of October 2011 13:03:57 Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:24:01 +0200
> >
> > zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:

> > > That's old problem. make bigideclean or make clean should cleanup
> > > lcl/units/ including widgetsets but it doesn't, so manual intervention
> > > is needed.
> >
> > It works here:
> >
> > touch lcl/units/x86_64-linux/bla.ppu
> > make clean
> >
> > Result: The file is gone.
> >
> > Maybe this problem only appears under windows?
>
> 1.No, sometimes (but indeed sometimes) I got it under linux too.

When it happens the next time, do a
make clean > clean.txt
ls -lR >> clean.txt

and send me the output.

> 2.Another thing is when I work something to fix something inside eg gtk2
> widgetset, I'm working on project, and added eg. DebugLn('Something') in some
> proc in gtk2.
> Now rebuild project ... lcl isn't rebuilded ?!? why ?

Maybe a file is missing in the lcl.lpk?

> now I must cd to
> lcl/units/i386-linux/gtk2 and manually remove ppus and others, and then
> rebuild test project again.

For your interest:
Eventually I want to add a quick fix item, to check if the missing unit
belongs to a package. Then it could check if the source file is in the
lpk and ask to add it and/or to recompile the package.
This feature is needed anyway, because there are some corner cases
that the IDE can not detect.

Mattias