[Lazarus] Configure build Lazarus

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:56:30 CEST 2011

2011/10/24 Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com>

> This seems to have changed:
>
> Tools -> Options -> Configure build Lazarus.
>
> Select profile: Build LCL
> Click Build
>
> Expected result: only LCL is rebuilt (as it was in r3180)
> Observed result: IDE is rebuilt
>
> Lazarus r33046
>
> I use Build LCL if I only want to rebuild the LCL, for example with
> some custom define.
>
> Is the new behaviour by design or is it a bug?

Right, there are old build profiles left in your local configuration. I
think they should be cleaned somehow automatically.

The build now works correctly (at least nobody complained).
It is only possible to build IDE from that dialog. LCL will be built
automatically if needed, like for any application using LCL.
Thus a profile: "Build LCL" is obsolete and you should delete it.
You can even delete file "miscellaneousoptions.xml" in your local config
dir. Then start Lazarus and you get new default build profiles.

Juha